Last Sunday I went to a secluded park near my house and laid on a big blanket.
It was quiet and I was surrounded by nature and it was beautiful. I almost felt like crying after a few minutes because I realized how grateful I am to live my life and have so many freedoms and flexibility with my time that allow me these opportunities.
One of the first things I did after setting up my blanket was lay down and look up at the trees surrounding me - it was such a majestic moment. After reflecting on the trees for a few moments, it occurred to me that there’s so many things we can learn from Mother Nature - specifically her amazing trees.
I quickly took out my notepad and started writing down all the similarities and lessons - I came up with 10.
1. Trees grow stronger every year with a bigger trunk & more branches 💪
2. Their branches move with the wind , they go with the flow & are flexible 🌬
3. They shed their leaves (similar to our skin) to grow again which is represented with the seasons 🍂
4. It only takes 1 single seed to produce something; similar to women giving birth 🤰
5. They don’t compete with one another & grow freely without judgement 🌳
6. They provide shelter for other animals such as critters, birds & insects 🦉
7. The are grounded into the earth & build strong roots 🧍♀️
8. They “brand out” & pursue multiple paths ↕️ ↔️
Examples of this could be playing multiple roles (sister, daughter, mother) & multiple streams of income
9. If you speak kindly to them, it grows healthy 🗣
The Royal Horticultural Society researchers discovered that talking to your plants really can help them grow faster. They also found that plants grow faster to the sound of a female voice than to the sound of a male voice
10. Some produce fruit & flowers which is similar to women women producing different types of children such as male, female, ethnicities, number of children 💐
Now it's Your Turn to Talk
🌿 What are your thoughts on these lessons?
🌿 What are your favorite lessons?
I think mine are 5️⃣ & 9️⃣
📣 Shoutout to my auditory learners! 📣
Do you hate reading & just scrolled to the bottom of this post?
This video is for you!
If you can think of more similarities - let me know! 💌
Reach out on the contact form on the bottom of the page ⬇️