Last Sunday I went to a secluded park near my house and laid on a big blanket. It was quiet and I was surrounded by nature and it was beautiful. I almost felt like crying after a few minutes because I realized how grateful I am to live my life and have so many freedoms and flexibility with my time that allow me these opportunities.
One of the first things I did after setting up my blanket was lay down and look up at the trees surrounding me - it was such a majestic moment. After reflecting on the trees for a few moments, it occurred to me that there’s so many things we can learn from Mother Nature - specifically her amazing trees. I quickly took out my notepad and started writing down all the similarities and lessons - I came up with 10. I think my favorite lessons are #5 & 9!
1. They grow stronger every year with a bigger trunk & more branches
2. Their branches move with the wind , the go with the flow & are flexible
3. They shed their leaves (similar to our skin) to grow again which is represented with the seasons
4. Some produce fruit & flowers which is similar to women women producing life
5. They don’t compete with one another & grow freely without judgement
6. They provide shelter for other animals such as critters, birds & insects
7. The grow strong roots & are grounded into the earth
8. They “brand out” & pursue multiple paths. Examples of this could be playing multiple roles (sister, daughter, mother) & multiple streams of income
9. If you speak kindly to them, it grows healthy. The Royal Horticultural Society researchers discovered that talking to your plants really can help them grow faster. They also found that plants grow faster to the sound of a female voice than to the sound of a male voice
10. It only takes 1 single seed to produce something, similar to women giving birth
What are your thoughts? What is your favorite lesson? If you can think of more similarities - let me know. Email me at email@example.com so we can start the discussion :)